Noah A. Frank
Noah A. Frank is an experienced labor & employment counselor and litigator with over 15 years’ experience.
After graduating law school, cum laude, with a joint masters in human resources and industrial relations, he represented just about every sector of commerce and industry, ranging from energy, chemical and automotive manufacturers, cannabis cultivators and dispensaries, trade associations and chambers of commerce, law firms, mom’n’pop shops, medical practices, couriers, waste haulers, and restaurants (single site, franchisees, and franchisors). As the go-to legal resource and trusted business partner, he analyzes complex risks and formulates strategies for cost optimization, considering legal liability, litigation avoidance, and best practices. Noah provides practical and thoughtful advice, strategy, and solutions in a full range of employment, corporate, and workers’ compensation matters, including compliance, policy implementation, and risk mitigation of wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, leave interference and retaliation claims including under the FLSA, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, OSHA, NLRA, Worker’s Compensation, and state and local laws. While in private practice, Noah’s peers recognized him as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star each year 2012-2019.
From 2019-2013, Noah led the legal department of a national senior assisted living provider, including legal strategy related to COVID-19 vaccine mandates, implementation of a post-Dobbs medical travel benefit, and project management from conception through compliance. Noah’s partnership and guidance kept the company compliant with conflicting laws, saved the company substantial legal fees, and reduced the impact of litigation on the business and individuals. Noah advised the DIBs (Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging) Committee, and helped shepherd multiple Great Places to Work certifications.
He is a frequent author (most recently, the “Workers’ Compensation Compliance and Preparedness Audit” chapter in IICLE’s Conducting the Employment Practices Audit 2023 Edition), and speaker for various trade groups, chambers of commerce, and even the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
Since 2008, Noah has served as an arbitrator for the Cook County Circuit Court Mandatory Arbitration Program. In 2023, Noah earned his designation as a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US).
At Loftus & Eisenberg, Noah brings his experience representing businesses and executives to a host of boutique services within the employment realm including review of restrictive covenants (e.g., noncompete and non-solicitation agreements), job offer letters, terminations, and severances, and leave of absence and disability accommodation issues, tricky discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues.
When not practicing law, Noah spends his time with his family, refereeing soccer, playing broomball and softball, and participating in the community as an elected school board member and serving on nonprofit boards.
J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
Cum Laude, Pro Bono Notation, Harno Scholar – Individual Employee Rights
M.H.R.I.R, University of Illinois, Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations
B.A. (History) & B.A. (Economics), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
US Circuit Courts of Appeal: 7th, 2023
US District Courts: N.D. IL (2008), E.D. WI (2019), N.D. TX (2020), N.D. IN (2020), E.D. TX (2021), E.D. TN (2021)
Inactive Federal - US District Courts: N.D. IL (Trial Bar 2010-2020)
- Conducting the Employment Practices Audit 2023 Edition, “Workers’ Compensation Compliance and Preparedness Audit” for Illinois Institute of Continuing Education (IICLE) (2023).
- Conducting the Employment Practices Audit 2020 Edition, “Workers’ Compensation Compliance and Preparedness Audit” for Illinois Institute of Continuing Education (IICLE) (2020).
- Illinois Employment Law Handbook – 5th Edition, (Chapters on Leaves of Absence; Unemployment Compensation; Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Diseases; and Personnel Files, Mandatory Workplace Posters and Record Retention) for Illinois Chamber of Commerce (2019).
- “Building and Destroying the Affirmative Defense of ‘Direct Threat’ Under the ADA” Section of Labor & Employment Law 12th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA (Am. B. Ass’n), November 2018 (co-author).
- “The EEOC Strategic Enforcement Plan for 2017 to 2021.” Bar Briefs (Kane County B. Ass’n), Apr. 2017, reprinted with permission, Diversity Matters (Ill. State B. Ass’n), June 2017.
- “Recordkeeping Compliance Tips.” RecordLion (acquired by Gimmal). Mar. 22, 2017.
- “Summer Interns: Free Labor or Wage and Hour Trap?” Bar Briefs (Kane County B. Ass’n), Mar. 2017, at 12.
- “Politics & Election Law in the Workplace: Are You Seriously Voting for That Candidate?!” River North Business Association (co-author).
- “Politics & Election Law in the Workplace: Are You Seriously Voting for That Candidate?” The Growth Company Human Resources 2016 November/December Newsletter, pp. 8-9 (co-author).
- “The United States Supreme Court Impact on Employers: Post-Justice Scalia” Illinois Business Leader, Illinois Chamber of Commerce (Apr. 2016).
- “Cannabis Business Owners: Employment Laws Apply to You!” Marijuana Investor News, May 27, 2016.
- “Newsflash: Chicago Minimum Wage Increasing to $13.00/hour.” Illinois Business Leader, pp. 18-19, Illinois Chamber of Commerce (Jan. 2015 ed.).
- Conducting the Employment Practices Audit 2015 Edition, “Workers’ Compensation Compliance and Preparedness Audit” for Illinois Institute of Continuing Education (IICLE) (5/22/2015).
- “Retaliation Claims Continue to Rise...and Business Marches On.” Breaking News: HR & Leadership, The Growth Company, Oct. 2013.
- “Returning to the Course of Employment”, Ill. State B. Assoc. Workers’ Compensation L., Nov. 2011, Vol. 49 No. 2 at 13.
- “Are You My Employer? Joint-Employer Liability in the Seventh Circuit Under the Family and Medical Leave Act”, The Docket (Lake County B. Ass’n, Waukegan, Ill.), Oct. 2008, at 9.
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce’s Chamber Dispatch (contributing author).
(Alphabetical by host organization)
- 21st Century Work Strategies.
- Employment Law Update for the Chicago Film Employer (10/10/2019).
- Alsip Industrial Association (AIA) + Calumet Area Industrial Association (CAIC).
- Marijuana and Corporate Policies and Procedures: What Employers Need to Know – Seminar with the Calumet Area Industrial Association (10/23/2019).
- Automotive Service Association of Illinois.
- Are You Ready for the New Automotive Repair Marketplace – Panelist for legal perspective (9/14/2019). Bedford Park Clearing Industrial Association (BPCIA).
- Marijuana and Corporate Policies and Procedures: What Employers Need to Know (11/5/2019). Chicago Bar Association.
- Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law (11/15/2018).
- Labor & Employment Law Year in Review (2/21/2017, moderator).