Wisconsin Business Litigation Lawyers
The experienced lawyers at Loftus & Eisenberg, Ltd are experienced Wisconsin arbitration and litigation attorneys who have successfully resolved business and professional malpractice cases in Rock County, Walworth County, Eastern District of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and Western District of Madison.
Different from the majority of law firms in Wisconsin whose fee arrangements are determined exclusively by hours, we offer numerous alternative fee arrangements based on what is best for each client’s unique case and goals that vary from a pure flat fee, a set recurring payment or retainer, as well as both a partial and a pure contingent fee where no legal fees are owed by the clients unless we reclaim assets or funds. We have built our business knowing that results are what matter, not the time spent on them and clients can feel certain that they are receiving the most insistent and resourceful legal representation available throughout Southern Wisconsin.
The firm's Wisconsin practice is led by attorneys originally from Evansville and Janesville, Wisconsin and Madison, Wisconsin who have gained decades of big firm experience in cases that span the United States, but remain focused in the midwest. Our business litigation attorneys’ successes in Wisconsin include:
- $10,000,000+ legal malpractice settlement of complex intellectual property claim.
- $3,750,000 settlement against an international law firm for fraud and legal malpractice on behalf of a large wireless carrier litigated in Madison, Wisconsin.
- $205,000 Accounting malpractice claim resolved via arbitration against an Oconomowoc firm
- $630,000 settlement of Breach of fiduciary duty and landlord tenant dispute pending in Kenosha, Wisconsin
- $500,000 insurance policy limit settlement for Rock County, Wisconsin negligent entrustment claim
- Confidential settlement of legal malpractice claim against a Janesville, Wisconsin attorney who’s client was wrongfully imprisoned for three months
We aspire to be the best at solving incredibly complex legal problems, both big and small for our clients, but we also provide essential legal counsel throughout all stages of business venture development, from inception of ideas to the formation, execution, and termination of new and existing business entities and employment agreements. The business lawyers at Loftus & Eisenberg have put their deep understanding of the law to work among hundreds of commercial and professional disputes throughout the Midwest to work in Southern Wisconsin and know what terms and conditions really matter and where weak spots exist, and can devise contracts and reach deals uncompromisingly by protecting client interests. We work across all forms of business litigation and arbitration but our main areas of focus in Southern Wisconsin are:
- Accounting Malpractice: When any form of accountants, from bookkeepers to auditors and CPAs, who are presumed to abide by guidelines while delivering expert advice and guidance to clients, such as tax preparation, business consulting, and asset management do not uphold their certified accountabilities and client’s endures financial damages as a result, the client may be able to regain financial losses through an accountant malpractice lawsuit.
- Arbitration and Mediation: More often then not business relationships are controlled by contracts that set where and how any disputes are resolved. The contracts will require either mediation or arbitration applying a set of rules such as AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules or JAMS Streamlined Rules. Our firm handles thousands of claims in arbitration and appreciates the unique challenges and expenses of these alternative dispute resolution forums.
- Employment Law: Legal employment disputes include the rights and accountabilities of both employers and employees that may occur with past, existing, and even potential employment relationships and agreements. Our passion lies both with protecting employee rights as well as stopping prospective violations.
- Intellectual Property: Intellectual Property laws exist to safeguard owners and creators of designs, inventions, writing and other creations throughout numerous areas, including copyright, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets, intellectual property transfers, licensing, internet and e-commerce issues, publicity rights, and unfair competition.
- Legal Malpractice: Legal malpractice is used to define carelessness, overall negligence, or breach of contract or fiduciary duty by an attorney that brings about damage to a client.
- Securities Litigation: Securities litigation can be the result of exposure or concerns that occur throughout a sale or purchase of securities and how brokers and/or financial advisors carried out their duties.